The White Group @ UMBC puts a strong emphasis on laboratory safety. Below are links for more safety information that may be helpful in advancing awareness of safe laboratory practices.
UMBC Environmental Safety and Health
UMBC Environmental Safety and Health also provide a laboratory safety guide as well as a chemical hygiene plan both of which you can find hard copies in our laboratory. The website also maintains links to several sources of MSDS databases.
In addition to hard copies of MSDS sheets of chemicals stored and used in our lab, here are several online resources for finding MSDS information:
- ACROS: ACROS (Acros and Fisher)
- ATS Toxic Substances
- J.T.Baker, div. Mallinckrodt Baker, Inc
- EM Science is a division of EM Industries, Inc., the US affiliate of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
- MSDS by Interactive Learning Paradigms, Inc.
- MSDS Search by Envirocare International, Inc.
- Mallinckrodt Laboratory Chemicals
- Environmental Safety Services and the Hazardous Materials Transfer Facility
- VWR Scientific includes EM Science, Mallinckrodt, JT Baker
- Hazard.com (huge database)
- Search Yahoo!
- Chemspy.com The Internet navigator for the chemistry instrustry
- MSDS Online A single source, web/PC-based management tools